The controller of the personal data of the online shop is Hertwill OÜ (16216305), located at Peetri 12, Tallinn, Estonia, e-mail email@example.com.
Which personal data is processed upon purchase?
- Name, phone number and e-mail address;
- Delivery address or parcel machine location;
- Cost of goods and services and data related to payments (purchase history);
- Customer support data;
- Bank account;
- IP address.
For which purposes is personal data processed?
- Personal data is used to manage customer orders and deliver goods.
- Purchase history data (date of purchase, goods, quantity, customer data) are used to put together an overview of the goods and services purchased, to analyze customer preferences, and, among other things, for the purposes of resolving consumer disputes.
- The bank account number is used to reimburse payments to the customer.
- Personal data such as the e-mail address, telephone number and name of the customer are processed to handle any issues relating to the provision of goods and services (customer support). E-mail is also used in order to forward invoices and the telephone number is used to notify the customer about their goods arriving in the parcel machine.
- For marketing purposes, including newsletter, profiling and digital advertising, only if the customer has given the consent.
- The IP address or other online identifiers of users of the online shop are processed for the provision of the online shop as an information society service and for web use statistics.
- The purpose of processing personal data is to fulfill the agreement entered into with the customer (managing the customer’s orders, delivery, returning goods, and reimbursing payments).
- Personal data are processed in order to fulfill legal obligations (e.g. for accounting).
- The processing of personal data, i.e. the collection of purchase history data for the purposes of resolving potential consumer disputes, is necessary due to the controller’s legitimate interest.
Recipients of personal data
- Personal data are forwarded to the customer support of the online shop in order to manage purchase history and resolve customer issues.
- Name, telephone number and item SKU-s are forwarded to the partners for order fulfillment service.
- Name, telephone number and e-mail address are forwarded to the transport service provider selected by the customer. If the goods are delivered by a courier, the customer’s contact details, as well as their address, are forwarded to the courier.
- Name and purchase history are forwarded to the accounting company to perform their accounting operations
Security and access to data
- Personal data are stored in the servers of zone.ee, which are located on the territory of a member state of the European Union or states of the European Economic Area. Data may be forwarded to states whose level of data protection is sufficient according to the European Commission or to a company of a third state to which a safeguard specified in articles 46 or 47 or in subsection 49 (1) of the GDPR has been applied.
- Personal data can be accessed by the staff of the online shop in order to resolve technical issues related to the use of the online shop and to provide customer support.
- The online shop applies the relevant physical, organizational and IT security measures in order to protect personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, amendment, or unauthorized access and disclosure. These measures are: 1) data exchange with the online shop is carried out via an encrypted connection (TSL); 2) standard encryption is used when sending e-mails: 3) there is a firewall and relevant virus protection to protect the online shop’s servers; 4) there are regular backups that are kept separately from the online shop’s servers.
- Personal data are forwarded to processors (e.g. the transport service provider and data hosts) on the basis of contracts between the online shop and processors. Upon processing data, the processors are obliged to ensure the relevant safeguards in accordance with article 28 of the GDPR.
Access to and rectification of personal data
- Personal data can be accessed and rectified via the online shop’s customer support. If the request to access personal data has been submitted electronically, the information will also be provided via commonly used electronic means.
Withdrawal of consent
- If personal data are processed with the customer’s consent, the customer has the right to withdraw their consent by making relevant changes in the user account’s settings or by notifying customer support via e-mail.
- No personal data is stored, except for the personal data which is necessary for accounting or to resolve consumer disputes.
- In the event of disputes regarding payments and consumer disputes, personal data are stored until the claim is settled or the limitation period expires. The personal data in original accounting documents are stored for seven years.
- If the data are incorrect, incomplete or processed unlawfully, the customer has the right to request the restriction of the processing of their personal data.
- The customer has the right to submit objections regarding the processing of their personal data if they have a reason to believe that there is no legal basis to process their personal data.
- For the erasure of personal data, customer support should be contacted by e-mail. Requests for erasure are responded to within one month and the period of erasure is specified. The response to the request will also indicate which personal data will not be erased, on which legal basis and why.
- Requests to transfer personal data submitted via e-mail are responded to within one month. Customer support identifies the person and indicates which personal data is to be transferred.
Direct marketing messages
- The e-mail address and telephone number are used to send direct marketing messages if the customer has consented to receive such messages. If the customer does not wish to receive direct marketing messages anymore, they should select the relevant link at the footer of the e-mail or contact customer support.
- Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes (profiling), the customer has the right to object at any time both to the initial and further processing of their personal data, including profiling related to direct marketing, by notifying customer support thereof via e-mail (the respective information should be submitted clearly and separately from any other information).
Resolution of disputes
- Disputes concerning the processing of personal data are settled through customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org). The supervisory authority is the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate (email@example.com).